This is the place to share and search for Good Food recipes!!!

Saturday, June 4, 2011

POTATOES & DUMPLINGS

This is my MIL's recipe and if I'm REALLY careful I can make it without messing it up!!  It's a wonderful, hearty dish, but I tend to get distracted in the kitchen when I'm making it for some reason and have scalded it once or twice  :(  Don't let that scare you....it's just ME!!!  LOL

POTATOES & DUMPLINGS
Serves: 8-12
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 40 mins

Approx. 20 medium potatoes, peeled & cubed & rinsed thoroughly
2 onions, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
2 sticks butter
1 lb Velveeta, cubed
2 cans of biscuits, quartered.

Add potatoes, onions & garlic to an EXTRA LARGE pot and cover with water. Cook until potatoes are about ½ done (soft, but not mushy). Then add evaporated milk, butter and Velveeta. When mixture begins to boil add the biscuits, cook until biscuits are fluffy.

I like to garnish my bowl with sour cream, shredded cheese, chives and bacon bits…just like I would a baked potato!!!

No comments: