This is the place to share and search for Good Food recipes!!!

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

RED ONION DIP

I am a chip and dip kind of girl...and I have to be OHHHH so careful that I don't devour the entire bag of chips and container of dip in one sitting.  So on our last camping trip when I forgot to get DIP to go with our rippled potato chips I was pretty bummed!  I had fully intended to make an onion dip using sour cream and a packet of dried Lipton Onion Soup mix....but time got away from me and I totally forgot.  So as we were finishing a meal of hamburgers on Saturday afternoon I sat pondering the relish tray.  There was leftover red oinon sitting there and I wondered to myself if I could make a dip using that.  Fortunately I remembered to bring the sour cream along and had a selection of spices to choose from.  Below is what I came up with.  The flavor is good immediately....but gets better and better with time.  DH loved it so much that he has requested I make it again already!




RED ONION DIP

1-1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 red onion (approx. 1/2 cup), finely chopped
1 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp chili powder

Mix all ingredients into small bowl.  Refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour before serving for flavors to meld.  Serve with Ripple type potato chips or fresh veggies of your choice.

No comments: