This is the place to share and search for Good Food recipes!!!

Sunday, November 13, 2011

WORLD'S EASIEST PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES

Many, many years ago when my oldest son was just a year old, I left the United States Air Force to become a stay at home mother.  Money was tight, so we were really thankful for the WIC program that was (and still is) available.  Many days our snacks were dry cereal or peanut butter sandwiches or scrambled eggs (this was in the days before the fresh veggies that they now offer).  Sometimes we had so much extra peanut butter and eggs I didn't think we would EVER consume it all!!!  So when I came across this recipe I was so thankful.  We could make a special treat and not spend much extra.  It has a strong peanut butter flavor that is lost in most cookies filled with flour....and since there is NO flour....these cookies are GLUTEN FREE!!!!  I STILL choose to make these over traditional PB cookies. 




WORLDS EASIEST PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES

1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg

Preheat oven to 325 F.

Mix the 3 ingredients well.  Drop by teaspoonful (I use a small cookie scoop) onto a lightly greased cookie sheet.  Flatten slightly with a fork, dipped in flour (or water or sugar, I don't dip in anything)  Bake at 325 F for 12 minutes or until just browned.  Cookies will not spread much during baking.  Cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheet and then transfer to wire cooling rack.
Yield: 2-1/2 dozen

No comments: