This is the place to share and search for Good Food recipes!!!

Sunday, November 13, 2011

PORK ROAST

Life is busy and some days I struggle getting dinner on the table....do you know how I feel???  Well last week I found a really good deal on a pork shoulder roast.  It was a 7.5 lb roast so I knew it would feed the 3 of us MANY meals.  But the question was "how do I cook it so I can change it up so we don't get bored with the same ole thing?"  I searched the internet and found a wonderful recipe for a pork roast rub that I changed up a bit.  So far the first night we had just the shredded roast on tortillas with lettuce, cheese, salsa and sour cream.  It made WONDERFUL burritos!!  Then two nights later I took a portion of it and covered it in BBQ sauce, heated it through and served it with yeast rolls....BBQ Pulled Pork Sammies!!!  The rest of it is divided into two containers in the freezer.  One I think I'll add to a stew and the other....I'm just not sure yet.  Any ideas???? 


PORK ROAST RUB

4-5 lb pork roast (I used a 7.5 lb roast and felt I had plenty of rub to cover it all)
2 TBSP kosher salt
2 TBSP black pepper
2 TBSP paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 TBSP brown sugar
1 TBSP ground cumin
1 tsp chile powder
1 tsp cayenne

Mix all ingredients in a small bowl.  Rub into roast.  Cook in slow cooker for 7-10 hours.  Shred pork and serve as desired.

No comments: