This is the place to share and search for Good Food recipes!!!

Friday, November 25, 2011

EASY HERBED BREAD for the bread machine

My dear husband bought me a bread machine for Christmas WAY back around 1997.  I used it at least 2-3 times a week for that first year...then we got orders overseas and our house was on a convertor and it didn't bake right...so I put it on the shelf.  When we got back state side in 2001 I brought it out again.....but it seemed like a LOT of work and so it has only come out on special occasions for the past 10 years.  I believe that this recipe will change that!!!  It's a recipe a friend recommended and I always have the necessary ingredients on hand.  I came into the house after it finished baking today and thought there was pizza in the oven!  Sooooo aromatic, full of flavor and oh so soft!!!  A nice thick slice slathered with butter...mmmmmmm.  It would be really good made into garlic bread!!  mmmmmm  the options seem endless!!   Try it out for yourself!




EASY HERBED BREAD for the bread machine

1 cup warm water (110 degrees F)
2 1/2 tsp active dry yeast (I used bread machine yeast)
3 TBSP white sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
3 TBSP olive oil
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp ground thyme
2 tsp crushed dried rosemary (I used a rosemary blend from Pampered Chef in place of the dried rosemary and thyme)
3 cups all purpose flour

Pour the water into the pan of a bread machine, then sprinkle in the yeast and sugar.  Let the mixture sit in the bread machine until a creamy foam forms on top of the water, about 10 minutes.  Sprinkle in the salt, then add olive oil, thyme, garlic powder, rosemary and flour.  Set the machine for lighht crust setting, and start the machine. 

No comments: